Sunday, April 1, 2012

Inspiration: A day without shoes





Inspiration can be a strong factor in the successful pursuit of life and happiness. It is the spark that causes one to begin a new quest or challenge, in hopes of adding something new in their life. My latest spark has been that of Toms Shoes and campaign for One Day Without Shoes.  For those that do not know, Blake Mycoskie is the founder and Toms is a company that utilizes the "one-for one" concept in its product and services. Simply, for every item sold, they donate the same to those in need.  


After browsing the Toms website, my spark of inspiration came when I found out about the Day Without Shoes campaign. To bring awareness, they rally for volunteers to spend a day without shoes. Only problem was the day was not scheduled to be held until a later date. Feeling the inspiration I decided to do it on my own. 


The experience was great and was certainly an eye opener for me. Without shoes I  noticed my mind picking up on things that I normally would be thinking about. During this day, I did my normal routine, which consisted of errands, running, and spending time with friends. Here are a few pictures taken on my running and time of reflection. I will be ordering a pair of my own Toms, soon! Enjoy...




A view of the park I run (taken via iPhone)


Me









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home